Saturday 23 January 2016


Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, Edinburgh

I visited the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art on Saturday 2nd January  2016

Above the entrance to this Gallery is the neon sign by Martin Creed which tells us in large letters that "Everything is Going to be Alright" which I had to photograph!



The lawn to the front of the gallery has a very dramatic piece of landscaping which comprises a stepped, serpentine mound reflected in three crescent -shaped pools of water.

In the extensive gardens are famous sculpture works by Henry Moore, Richard Long, Rachel Whiteread and Ian Hamilton Finlay.

The gallery has an outstanding collection of modern and contemporary art I was able to see "in the flesh" paintings by many famous artists, a few of which I photographed for my collection:

One of my favourites by Morandi:

Another favourite one by Mondrian:
And of course three by Picasso:



A self portrait by John Bellany:


And some works by Martin Creed:







No comments:

Post a Comment